Thursday, May 17, 2012

Here i go.

I sit here at my desk on the 21st floor and stare out the window towards the beautiful city of Taipei, Taiwan. The people roaming the streets, just miniature pacmen searching for their blinking dots. The buses making their ritual stops, picking up, dropping off, in they go. The thousands of scooters at war with the aggressive taxi drivers to be the first to their prominent destinations. The food vendors and the business men who slyly stare at the women in their high heels, holding their coffees and working their morning swag. The business district. Everyone goes ,everyone comes, every morning and every afternoon I am a component of this persevering piece of the city's puzzle. I have fallen in love with this small section of the world. I will be sad to leave. My time here will soon come to it's end and I slowly begin my silent goodbye. I look foreword to what the future brings, this next big step, actually leap, towards something new, a bundle of terrifying, exciting and compelling all mashed together, forming the concoction known as my future. The opportunity has presented itself for me to start a promising beginning of the rest of my life. Ive never been one to venture into the world of no guarantees, but here I go, throwing everything I am and everything I want to be, towards this giant question mark labeled "will this be my chance?"


I have spent enough of my days being the sole creator of my own catastrophes.
Being an "alien" to the harsh realities of the so called "real world".
Although the past can never be abolished, the future can provide a lighted walkway towards my own sought after personal redemption, but only if I have the courage to step off the safety of the shore.


Opportunity knocked, and I answered with a smile and a pair of floaties.

aEia

No comments:

Post a Comment